World League of Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for Season 5

3 posters

Go down

Suggestions for Season 5 Empty Suggestions for Season 5

Post  andwilk Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Any suggestions for tournaments in season 5?

We are entering our 5th season for WLG and I know things can start to get stale so I am looking for suggestions for tournaments for season 5. I will still be running the normal tournaments but am looking for new ideas. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

The first tournament is planned for next Sunday, September 20th.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-10-08

https://worldleagueofgolf.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Season 5 Empty $$$ Tourneys

Post  stategolf22 Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:59 pm

Of course this would only apply to those who are able to play for money. Would be fun could vary in the $ entry fee cheap games or bigtime $ games just a suggestion.
stategolf22
stategolf22
Official
Official

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Season 5 Empty Re: Suggestions for Season 5

Post  MrClean07 Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:58 pm

This is a general idea that I haven't thought through 100% yet, but maybe we could do a tourney where the object was to shoot even par for the round and your finishing position was determined solely by your bonus score. I would think hitting the fairway + green in reg. (as close the hole as possible) + mandatory 2 putts would give you the highest possible bonus score, but someone can tell me if that's not the case.
Conversely, you could also do the same but with the lowest possible bonus score - miss the fairway + miss green in reg. + 1 putt.

I like the irons only idea + adding the wood tee off requirement on par 3's and I also like the 7 iron only idea. The only negative with this is that I noticed last season the tourneys run through tee times in the multiplayer room like the match play, irons only, etc. didn't have a high number of entrants. I liked the tourneys and enjoyed playing with the guys I played with, but if the goal is to have as many people as possible enter then maybe we should not add too many tourneys like these to the schedule.

MrClean07
Official
Official

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:12 pm

MrClean07 wrote:This is a general idea that I haven't thought through 100% yet, but maybe we could do a tourney where the object was to shoot even par for the round and your finishing position was determined solely by your bonus score. I would think hitting the fairway + green in reg. (as close the hole as possible) + mandatory 2 putts would give you the highest possible bonus score, but someone can tell me if that's not the case.
Conversely, you could also do the same but with the lowest possible bonus score - miss the fairway + miss green in reg. + 1 putt.
This is a neat idea however bonus points for putts goes as follows:

<2 putts = 250 points
2 putts = 125 points
>2 putts = 0 points

A similar idea would be to have your score for the tournament just be based on the bonus score alone which would reward for long drives, hitting the fairway, how close your approach is to the hole (GIRs), and number of putts.

MrClean07 wrote:I like the irons only idea + adding the wood tee off requirement on par 3's and I also like the 7 iron only idea.
I like the idea of using woods on par 3s. I will add that to this year's tournament. Using a 7-iron only though would be hard to monitor because it would be hard to tell whether someone is using a 5-iron instead of a 7-iron, for example. Not that I think people will cheat but eliminating as many variables will save headaches in the end.

MrClean07 wrote:The only negative with this is that I noticed last season the tourneys run through tee times in the multiplayer room like the match play, irons only, etc. didn't have a high number of entrants. I liked the tourneys and enjoyed playing with the guys I played with, but if the goal is to have as many people as possible enter then maybe we should not add too many tourneys like these to the schedule.
I agree. I wouldn't have more than 3 or 4 tournaments in a season that require a tee time/sign-up. Although, I wish more people would play in these events.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  MrClean07 Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:16 pm

andwilk wrote:
MrClean07 wrote:This is a general idea that I haven't thought through 100% yet, but maybe we could do a tourney where the object was to shoot even par for the round and your finishing position was determined solely by your bonus score. I would think hitting the fairway + green in reg. (as close the hole as possible) + mandatory 2 putts would give you the highest possible bonus score, but someone can tell me if that's not the case.

<2 putts = 250 points
2 putts = 125 points
>2 putts = 0 points

A similar idea would be to have your score for the tournament just be based on the bonus score alone which would reward for long drives, hitting the fairway, how close your approach is to the hole (GIRs), and number of putts.

I think either way would work.
Using my even par idea, wouldn't the highest bonus score be obtained by: driving it as far as possible in the fairway, getting your approach as close as possible to the hole, and accepting a 2 putt average on every hole?

MrClean07
Official
Official

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:41 pm

MrClean07 wrote:
andwilk wrote:

<2 putts = 250 points
2 putts = 125 points
>2 putts = 0 points

I think either way would work.
Using my even par idea, wouldn't the highest bonus score be obtained by: driving it as far as possible in the fairway, getting your approach as close as possible to the hole, and accepting a 2 putt average on every hole?

Yes, I believe that would be the optimal way to get par with the most number of bonus points.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down