World League of Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like)

+5
kamakazi19
neilkav
MrClean07
drforgolf
andwilk
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty Suggestions (please read and comment if you like)

Post  andwilk Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Since we've gone through 2 seasons already and season 3 is going to be a little different, I thought I would get an idea of what kind of tournaments YOU would like to see run during season 3.

If you have any good ideas for different tournament types or setups, please leave your idea below. I'd love to hear what you guys are thinking and impliment it if possible.

Keep in mind that the most complicated a tournament can get is akin to the WLG Matchplay Championship due to logistical reasons but I would still enjoy even the most extravagent ideas!

Post away! bounce bounce
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-10-08

https://worldleagueofgolf.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty Azinger-Faldo-Norman (A.F.N.) Cup

Post  drforgolf Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:07 pm

The Azinger-Faldo-Norman (A.F.N.) Cup still sounds interesting. However all the best players are from the UK! I'd like to join them as I am an independent player, I have renounced my US citizenship; I am now a loyal subject of the sovereign Hawaiian Nation. LOL Nah I'll play for the good ole USofA bring it on Britons! afro
drforgolf
drforgolf
Official
Official

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty Re: Suggestions (please read and comment if you like)

Post  andwilk Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:16 pm

I still would like to do that eventually... I just don't know how I'd organize it. Given some of the experiences I've seen in scheduling matchplay games, who knows if would even be possible to coordinate something more complicated than that! Ive got some ideas that I'm still throwing around though.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty Par 3 Tourney

Post  MrClean07 Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:16 pm

I think a par 3 only tournament would be fun & different. The only problem with it that I can think of would be the time it would take the officials to set up a bunch of 1 hole tourneys.

MrClean07
Official
Official

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty Re: Suggestions (please read and comment if you like)

Post  neilkav Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:42 am

perhaps more stableford tournies??

I also like the par 3 idea, lot of work, but once only.....
neilkav
neilkav
Official
Official

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty season #3

Post  kamakazi19 Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:17 am

having a blast so far , enjoying the format, can't play worth a darn for some odd reason but what the hey! just one comment , having issues with matchplay during h2h format, due to the fact that l am a play 4 free member , when there is a clear cut winner with a few holes to play ,the game cancels out , which is a disadvantage to me and have to replay the whole thing over, can we look into perhaps some other way of doing matchplay which would be more fair to non money players ????
kamakazi19
kamakazi19
Birdie
Birdie

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty season three

Post  kamakazi19 Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:27 am

I too have been foolin' around with the idea of usa vs canada or UK or EU, trying to set up in tourny format, problem is everyony one most keep own score and bonus points to the end of the match , then add up accordingly, and needs to be attested by the rest of the group.....no cheating haha. but l love the concept of having international play, playing for your country and represnting the best of the best...l like it!!!
kamakazi19
kamakazi19
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty season three #3

Post  kamakazi19 Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:39 am

l notice the guys enjoy a little iron play only, perhaps that might be interesting, three holes stroke play ..irons only format..to include a 3,4,5,par holes eliminations style format till a leader is established. that sound like a blast... maybe l just better shut up b4 everyone thinks l talk too much...hehehe...
GO LEAFS GO! lol!
kamakazi19
kamakazi19
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:30 pm

kamakazi19 wrote:having a blast so far , enjoying the format, can't play worth a darn for some odd reason but what the hey! just one comment , having issues with matchplay during h2h format, due to the fact that l am a play 4 free member , when there is a clear cut winner with a few holes to play ,the game cancels out , which is a disadvantage to me and have to replay the whole thing over, can we look into perhaps some other way of doing matchplay which would be more fair to non money players ????

When you play matchplay, once there is a clear cut winner... the match will exit for both cash and free players. However, when playing the WLG Matchplay Championship, if you are playing for free the best way to do it is play stroke play and keep track of match score manually.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:32 pm

kamakazi19 wrote:I too have been foolin' around with the idea of usa vs canada or UK or EU, trying to set up in tourny format, problem is everyony one most keep own score and bonus points to the end of the match , then add up accordingly, and needs to be attested by the rest of the group.....no cheating haha. but l love the concept of having international play, playing for your country and represnting the best of the best...l like it!!!

I am working on ideas for how to make it work without any scheduling headaches. The event will probably take place after season 3 once I am back.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:37 pm

I also like the idea of a par 3 tournament. I thought of this abck in season 1 but then settled on the par 3.75 tournament to make it easier to set up. I would like to try a couple new things in season 3 though so I will proabably be adding this to the schedule, even though it may be a pain to set up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are these the par 3s on each course?

Ashdown: 2, 8, 13
Hanwell: 3, 6, 15
Richmond: 6, 9, 16
Sakura: 3, 6, 15 (not sure about these)

Keep the ideas coming... I would like to add at least 1 or 2 different events besides the par 3 tourney Exclamation Exclamation
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  tong_n_rivet Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:15 pm

sakura is 3,9,14
tong_n_rivet
tong_n_rivet
Birdie
Birdie

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-10-10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdiG4OC48LY

Back to top Go down

Post  MrClean07 Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Like kamakazi19, I was thinking about an iron only tourney, buy my idea is one club only (maybe 7 or 8 iron) with full use of power, punch, etc. I've never tried to chip on the green with an iron, so I think use of the putter on the green would have to be allowed. Someone can tell me if I'm wrong.
Everyone would be on the honor system, of course...

MrClean07
Official
Official

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:15 pm

MrClean07 wrote:Like kamakazi19, I was thinking about an iron only tourney, buy my idea is one club only (maybe 7 or 8 iron) with full use of power, punch, etc. I've never tried to chip on the green with an iron, so I think use of the putter on the green would have to be allowed. Someone can tell me if I'm wrong.
Everyone would be on the honor system, of course...

I'm intrigued by this... sounds interesting but don't know the best way to set something like this up. Any ideas? Keep in mind that if we set up this tourney how we usually do, not everyone reads the forum on a regular basis (or very often at all) and might play the tournament with all clubs by accident. I'm thinking this may have to be a sign-up tournament (like the WLG Matchplay championship) and you would be placed in a foursome to play your rounds.

For example, the tournament would be on a Sunday and when you sign up you would have to say when you are available (block of time) so foursomes and tee times can be arranged beforehand. This way, everyone will be kept in check because you can see the type of club (iron, wood) that is used for each shot. Plus, this tournament would have an outing type feel to it which could be kind of cool. How's this sound?
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  MrClean07 Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:47 pm

I like the sign-up idea. Maybe it could be run over a couple of days (Sat/Sun or Fri/Sat/Sun) to accomodate more people.

MrClean07
Official
Official

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty season three# 3

Post  kamakazi19 Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:13 am

best way is to run for a few days as suggested it may require everyone to be available at the same time especially a foursome, but to sign on is a good idea making sure everyone who signs up must have the free time to accomplish filling in the appropriate time slots and starting tee times....everyones input and thoughts on this iron play with putter only, in regards to the scheduling would be extremely helpful.. good luck in the format ...mahalo kamakazi19..
kamakazi19
kamakazi19
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

Post  MrClean07 Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:14 am

Here's another suggestion that the other officials will probably want to have me shot for: Do a poll of what everyone considers to be the toughest holes over all 4 courses. People could name their "top 5" or so, and from that a 9 or 18 hole tourney could be comprised.

I know this requires feedback from the players and the amount of set-up time is a problem. If there are 2 holes consectutive or 2 out of a 3 hole stretch on a particular course that make the top 9 in the poll then a 3 hole tourney could be set up, adding the hole that didn't make the list at your discretion.

If a way to make this work is found, the opposite (easiest holes) could also be done.

MrClean07
Official
Official

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:55 pm

MrClean07 wrote:Here's another suggestion that the other officials will probably want to have me shot for: Do a poll of what everyone considers to be the toughest holes over all 4 courses. People could name their "top 5" or so, and from that a 9 or 18 hole tourney could be comprised.

I know this requires feedback from the players and the amount of set-up time is a problem. If there are 2 holes consectutive or 2 out of a 3 hole stretch on a particular course that make the top 9 in the poll then a 3 hole tourney could be set up, adding the hole that didn't make the list at your discretion.

If a way to make this work is found, the opposite (easiest holes) could also be done.

Maybe we could have a vote for toughest 3-hole stretch on each course? That way, it would be easier to set up.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  MrClean07 Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:20 pm

andwilk wrote:
MrClean07 wrote:Here's another suggestion that the other officials will probably want to have me shot for: Do a poll of what everyone considers to be the toughest holes over all 4 courses. People could name their "top 5" or so, and from that a 9 or 18 hole tourney could be comprised.

Maybe we could have a vote for toughest 3-hole stretch on each course? That way, it would be easier to set up.

Sounds good to me.

MrClean07
Official
Official

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:11 am

I like what we have so far... Next season's schedule will probably consist of the following:

WLG at Hanwell Fields (Hanwell 1-18)
Eastern Classic (Sakura 1-18)
WLG at Ashdown Park (Ashdown 1-18)
North American Open (Richmond 1-18)
WLG Par-3 Challenge (NEW)
WLG "Irons-only" Outing (NEW)
WLG Toughman Championship (NEW - League will vote on toughest 3-hole stretch on each course)
WLG Stableford Challenge
WLG Matchplay Championship

That's about all we will have time for before the playoffs. Any more ideas are always welcome!
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  clarkebosun Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:13 am

tong_n_rivet wrote:sakura is 3,9,14

Almost mate, it's actually 3,10 and 14 tongue
clarkebosun
clarkebosun
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty iron play

Post  auto Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:05 pm

iron play sounds good u could also do that in h2h to keep people in ck also ur foursome thing sounds good
auto
auto
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:18 pm

auto wrote:iron play sounds good u could also do that in h2h to keep people in ck also ur foursome thing sounds good

Head-to-head or a multiplayer threesome or foursome would all work.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  tong_n_rivet Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:22 pm

clarkebosun wrote:
tong_n_rivet wrote:sakura is 3,9,14

Almost mate, it's actually 3,10 and 14 tongue

thats why i keep messing it up then lol Very Happy Very Happy
tong_n_rivet
tong_n_rivet
Birdie
Birdie

Number of posts : 92

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdiG4OC48LY

Back to top Go down

Suggestions (please read and comment if you like) Empty sign up

Post  tom1984 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 am

i think mrclean is right about longer sign up time,as i can only usually play friday to monday due to work.
tom1984
tom1984
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next