World League of Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WLG Notice

+12
stelco
richie1954
clarkebosun
MrClean07
drforgolf
mechone4
neilkav
quantum137
kamakazi19
spozz1
stategolf22
andwilk
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WLG Notice Empty WLG Notice

Post  andwilk Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I would like to inform everyone that Season 5 will be the final season for the World League of Golf. My general feeling toward Skillground has played a part in this decision but this latest breakdown is the final straw for me. Also, starting in 2010 I will be travelling more for work and don't think I would be able to continue to run this league.

However, assuming that SG ever fixes the UTour site so that we can all play again, I would like to finish off season 5 and run 2 special events for as a last hurrah for the World League of Golf (see details below).

Season 5
Season 5 will conclude with WLG508- this means there will be 2 more regular season events before playoffs begin. The playoff semi-final will include the top 21 players from the regular season with all points carrying over to the playoffs. The playoff semi-final will be worth triple the points of a normal WLG event. The WLG FINALS V will include the top 9 people in the points standings after the semi-final. It will be a 72-hole event with the top 5 seeds getting a handicap based on their points standing after the playoff semi-final (see below).
Place Handicap
1 -5
2 -4
3 -3
4 -2
5 -1
The winner of WLG FINALS V will be declared the season 5 champion.

Special Event 1: A.F.N. Cup II
This event will be similar to the first A.F.N. Cup. Please see the A.F.N Cup Forum in the Special Events Category for more details about this event. Basically, it is run very similar to the Ryder Cup.

Special Event 2: WLG Ultimate Matchplay Championship
More details to come soon!

It has been a pleasure meeting and interacting with many of you over the past 5 seasons, and I hope you all have enjoyed this league as much as I have enjoyed running it. Thank you for your participation and a special thanks to the officials who have helped me out greatly running this league. Very Happy
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-10-08

https://worldleagueofgolf.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty JUNK!

Post  stategolf22 Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Crying or Very sad
stategolf22
stategolf22
Official
Official

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty Re: WLG Notice

Post  spozz1 Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:05 pm

agreed queen

spozz1
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty phooey and here's my 5 cents worth

Post  kamakazi19 Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 pm

first off, l want to thank andy for his patients with the lot of us....putting up with the bs and the horseshiit as we all aimlessly surfed the site trying to figure out who and when we play ..requiring alot of personal time and effort...and for this, l want to thank you and all the little generals who helped make this site a real blast for all of us....
l had the oppurtunity to chat with some pretty amazing peeps along the way and again l thank you all .....l will surely miss the comaraderie and the challenges, the jokes and the laughs with the sense of family type feel to the overall WLG, l pray that the site will hopefully be available for anyone, who may wish to use it as a springboard for future games and tournaments.........
as you all know, utour is allowing all kinds of morons on the site lately and l'm finding it quite distasteful....my only solice, was to come and play on WLG with a better class of people and still enjoy a round of golf, but alas, all good things eventual come to an end, WLG you will be sorely missed...may a phonix rise from the ashes............................UTOUR/WLG... RIP. Sad ..............mahalo mah bruddahs an sistas and a hui hou......l welcome aloha to all......
.........signed david/kamakazi19....... pale
kamakazi19
kamakazi19
Birdie
Birdie

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty Farewell

Post  quantum137 Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:00 am

Andy, great thanks for everything, you are the person who did the most of this game. Running all Seasons at highest standard [even though I didn't take part in season 1, lol;)].
That's a big shame that sg is not taking care of its present and would be customers. I do really hope it's eventually back and running again or which is more probable see you and all nice and unique personalities on other golf sites.
Andy, GOOD WORK, GREAT THANKS from me, q out Sad
quantum137
quantum137
Birdie
Birdie

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  spozz1 Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 am

agreed

spozz1
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  neilkav Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:50 am

Big thanks to Wilko for running these 5 seasons, sure everybody will appreciate what a huge amount of work went into it, jeez it was hard enough for me just to collate and report my groups scores Embarassed Embarassed
lets hope it gets back up sometime soon, for anybody with withdrawal symptoms, theres a site gimmegolf.com which is nowhere near as good but does provide some mild entertainment, that's how I'm getting my fix right now.
Been a pleasure to play with you all, adios D'oh!
neilkav
neilkav
Official
Official

Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty WLG Notice

Post  stategolf22 Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Agreed!
stategolf22
stategolf22
Official
Official

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty are very much appreciated

Post  mechone4 Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:32 pm

thanks Andy for resurrecting some sort of game mode out of a floundering game site....it was enjoyable while it lasted & your efforts are very much appreciated

mechone4
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  drforgolf Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Aloha Andrew,

Thanks for all your efforts, you are da man! Is there anyone with the desire to take over as Commish?

Doc
drforgolf
drforgolf
Official
Official

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty New Commish?

Post  stategolf22 Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Doc come on now.... u know u want to do it. So i nominate da doc. We will all vote for this right now all those in favor...... aye.. all oppose.. looks like we have a majority vote doc its unanimous doc is the new boss. With your new postion u need to swear it in, while holding your driver. Do u doc swear to play golf and nothing but golf so help your balls... lol man i am so bored. afro
stategolf22
stategolf22
Official
Official

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty Dude...

Post  drforgolf Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:14 pm

stategolf22 wrote:Doc come on now.... u know u want to do it. So i nominate da doc. We will all vote for this right now all those in favor...... aye.. all oppose.. looks like we have a majority vote doc its unanimous doc is the new boss. With your new postion u need to swear it in, while holding your driver. Do u doc swear to play golf and nothing but golf so help your balls... lol man i am so bored. afro

You got some serious problems and I'm not that kind of Dr! LOL
drforgolf
drforgolf
Official
Official

Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty Thanks Andy

Post  MrClean07 Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Thanks Andy for the time and effort you put into this league. Since I was only able to play for free because of where I live (we have just about every other form of gambling known to man in Florida Rolling Eyes ) , the WLG made Utour more interesting for me.

I also want to thank the other group leaders and at the same time apologize for that par 3 tourney idea. What a pain in the ass it was to report the scores for that!

I didn't play Utour very often due to work and my family wanting to spend time with me (for some strange reason), but I've met a lot of good people on here and enjoyed the competition.

Best of luck to you all in the future,
MrC

MrClean07
Official
Official

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  clarkebosun Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:20 am

Do u doc swear to play golf and nothing but golf so help your balls... lol man i am so bored. afro

lol!

C'mon Greg, you can do it!! bounce bounce bounce
clarkebosun
clarkebosun
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:30 am

Just FYI-

I would still be willing to run monthly special events such as A.F.N. Cups, matchplays, irons-only, and anything else we come up with as long as my schedule permits and if people are still interested (and of course if UTour is operational).
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-10-08

https://worldleagueofgolf.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  quantum137 Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:20 am

stategolf22 wrote:Doc come on now.... u know u want to do it. So i nominate da doc. We will all vote for this right now all those in favor...... aye.. all oppose.. looks like we have a majority vote doc its unanimous doc is the new boss. With your new postion u need to swear it in, while holding your driver. Do u doc swear to play golf and nothing but golf so help your balls... lol man i am so bored. afro

AGREED Smile bounce bounce bounce Da doc rulez ! hehe
quantum137
quantum137
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty flickering light in the window

Post  kamakazi19 Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:58 pm

andwilk wrote:Just FYI-

I would still be willing to run monthly special events such as A.F.N. Cups, matchplays, irons-only, and anything else we come up with as long as my schedule permits and if people are still interested (and of course if UTour is operational).

hey andy;
when ever your schedule allows you the time to run the monthly events, please include me as always, you have my full support.
looking forward to playing.......cheers to you my commish, truly you are the healer and the warrior as your title implies......david Very Happy
kamakazi19
kamakazi19
Birdie
Birdie

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty sg

Post  richie1954 Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:12 pm

well Andy sorry that things have come to this, maybe if there programmers spent some time sorting out the faults on the main site rather then starting new sites such as the one on facebook" golf.com pro challenge" we would be up and running
that game is by groove medea
richie1954
richie1954
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty re: Wlg notice

Post  stelco Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:33 pm

phooey and here's my 5 cents worth

Post kamakazi19 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:29 pm
first off, l want to thank andy for his patients with the lot of us....putting up with the bs and the horseshiit as we all aimlessly surfed the site trying to figure out who and when we play ..requiring alot of personal time and effort...and for this, l want to thank you and all the little generals who helped make this site a real blast for all of us....
l had the oppurtunity to chat with some pretty amazing peeps along the way and again l thank you all .....l will surely miss the comaraderie and the challenges, the jokes and the laughs with the sense of family type feel to the overall WLG, l pray that the site will hopefully be available for anyone, who may wish to use it as a springboard for future games and tournaments.........
as you all know, utour is allowing all kinds of morons on the site lately and l'm finding it quite distasteful....my only solice, was to come and play on WLG with a better class of people and still enjoy a round of golf, but alas, all good things eventual come to an end, WLG you will be sorely missed...may a phonix rise from the ashes............................UTOUR/WLG... RIP. Sad ..............mahalo mah bruddahs an sistas and a hui hou......l welcome aloha to all......
.........signed david/kamakazi19....... pale

I have to agree with David and want to thank you for all that you have done and had to put up with..
Thx Andy
Stelco(Steve)

stelco
Par
Par

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Damecello Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:26 am

As a relative newcomer, i would like to thank you for what I know is a considerable amount of work Andy and friends have invested. I didnt know the game when the oldies say was the good old times with good touneys etc., but have received alot of enjoyment from the current format. The WLG has just put icing on the cake to a great game. But why do I always capitulate on the 8th every time when I play WLG (lol). I hope you have left a legacy that someone who is able can pick up and run with, with yr blessing of course. GL, Gday and good-night.

Damecello
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty OK?

Post  stategolf22 Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Due to the fact that Utour still aint up and we been waitin forever it seems I think the best thing to do is go ahead and crown a season 5 champ. So lets look at the standings ... o we have a new winner! stategolf22
bout time he won something!
stategolf22
stategolf22
Official
Official

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty Thanks Andy

Post  DCJAH Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:43 am

Had a great time with all the players and tourneys. Thanks for all the work Andy.

DCJAH
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  quantum137 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:01 pm

stategolf22 wrote:Due to the fact that Utour still aint up and we been waitin forever it seems I think the best thing to do is go ahead and crown a season 5 champ. So lets look at the standings ... o we have a new winner! stategolf22
bout time he won something!

Hehehe Razz well done state ! What a Face What a Face What a Face
quantum137
quantum137
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty damn

Post  manica Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:18 pm

well, ive had plenty of fun playin golf with u all. hope we meet again some day, until than ill be hiting the poker tables.

Cya around D'oh!

manica
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

WLG Notice Empty thx andy

Post  shadyric Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:48 pm

gr8 job thanks m8

shadyric
Bogey