World League of Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was just wondering...

4 posters

Go down

I was just wondering... Empty I was just wondering...

Post  Mark5 Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:34 pm

...if everyone thinks it's OK to play a tournament course more than once per tournament?

As far as i'm aware, there's no way to check if peeps are playing a course repeatedly to try and get the best possible score they can. But to my way of thinking, peeps should only ever play each course in the tournament once, then take the first score they get and move on. Just like the pros have to IRL.

This is not to suggest i'm accusing anyone of anything shifty. I'm just making a point that it's 'possible' for guys to shoot a crappy score and play the course over again to try and better their score; simply because i don't believe the uTour software can prevent this. Can it?

I'm just trying to bring to light this observation, and the fact that it's out there. And to see/ask if there's anyway this situation can be monitored for the purity of the League.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there something i missed here? Is there anyway to 'limit' each player to playing a course in a tourney just once?

Thanks for reading.
Mark...
Mark5
Mark5
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

I was just wondering... Empty just wondering

Post  birdieviper Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:05 am

i dont think there is any way to play the selected tourney more than once. unless im mistaken, the window for the tourney says "play again", but if you click on it, you will just be taken to the standings page for that tourney. i know of no way to keep playing to better your score. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

birdieviper
Official
Official

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

I was just wondering... Empty Re: I was just wondering...

Post  andwilk Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:08 am

Birdieviper is correct. The create-a-tournament tool that we use for running the tournaments in this league only allows you to play the selected round one time. It isn't like the tournaments that SG used to run where you can keep playing them over and over.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-10-08

https://worldleagueofgolf.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clarkebosun Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:06 am

andwilk wrote:Birdieviper is correct. The create-a-tournament tool that we use for running the tournaments in this league only allows you to play the selected round one time. It isn't like the tournaments that SG used to run where you can keep playing them over and over.

That's the beauty of it, a one shot deal Very Happy
clarkebosun
clarkebosun
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

I was just wondering... Empty sweet sweet deal.

Post  Mark5 Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up for me folks.

I saw that replay button and just ASSUMED you could play the round again, as you can with iTour's matches. I never actually click the button to fully check it out.

myBad. Smile

Mark...
Mark5
Mark5
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum