World League of Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

advice on disconnection

+8
otley
zoot13
drforgolf
birdieviper
tong_n_rivet
Benn_Hogan
leeryder111
neilkav
12 posters

Go down

advice on disconnection Empty advice on disconnection

Post  neilkav Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi all, I got disco'd on ash round one of long shank compo on hole 12 when -6, I mailed wilko and gave him screenshot, and he agreed that he would send me another invite to replay it, which i did and got -10.

It seems some people are not happy about that, and think I should not have replayed.

I am happy to go with the majority of whatever people think, I will happily take the -10 of the replayed round, the -6 which is what it was when it disco'd (wilko has screenshot) or even a na if people feel thats the right thing to do.

Let me know and then we can set a rule for future disco's.

Also need somebody from group B to mail me or pm me with the scores for the ashers round, as it doesn't show up on my games, and as such I cant access any one elses scores.

Cheers Neil.

Last edited by neilkav on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
neilkav
neilkav
Official
Official

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

advice on disconnection Empty disco

Post  leeryder111 Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:55 pm

not been playing long but it seems to me that tec is a girl

leeryder111
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

advice on disconnection Empty Re: advice on disconnection

Post  Benn_Hogan Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:03 pm

I got disconnected on my last tourny. The 3.75 one. (Didn't get an invite to the last one) I had some problems with my internet provider that was causing me several disconnects that night. I didn't expect to get a retry nor do I think you should go down that road. Nothing personal, just my opinion.

Benn_Hogan
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  tong_n_rivet Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:05 pm

a big girls blouse to be correct
tong_n_rivet
tong_n_rivet
Birdie
Birdie

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-10-10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdiG4OC48LY

Back to top Go down

advice on disconnection Empty disconnection

Post  birdieviper Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:23 pm

i have no problem with a special invite for a disconnect. it happened to me 2 times in this league, and i was able to re-play. i agree that maybe there should be a rule made to cover this unfortunate event,but we all know how the skillground site runs at times, and as long as it isn't an every tourney thing with some people, i have no qualms about replays.

birdieviper
Official
Official

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

advice on disconnection Empty Disco'd

Post  drforgolf Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Aloha,

I have reset multiple games for players who have been disco'd. I just take them at their word. At some point we must all be adults and accept their word as truth. If someone wishes to cheat then it's on them, not me. Neil, I vote for your replay at -10!

Perhaps we should have an opinion poll or something to clarify a ruling on this if it's going to be an issue. I’m willing to brainstorm ideas if needed.

Mahalo,

Greg
drforgolf
drforgolf
Official
Official

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post  zoot13 Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:24 am

I have no problem with your -10 neil.
zoot13
zoot13
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  otley Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:23 am

I have no problems with replays either (although it would have been nice to know that this was an option on the 3 times so far that I've been booted off!!). We've all played these courses so many times that, unlike the late lamented cash tourneys, there's not really any advantage to be gained from having a second go.

I suppose another option would be to do what neil did and take a screen shot of the score at disconnection but then take the score he achieved on holes 7-11 before being disconnected and add that to his score on holes 12-15 from his replayed round (discarding the scores on 7-11 of the second round). That way, there's absolutely no suggestion of an advantage gained.

otley
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

advice on disconnection Empty advice on disconnection

Post  SuperScrub Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:54 am

I've lost some great scores due to a disconnect and have appreciated the opportunity for replay. A replay doesn't always mean a better score though. I support whatever decision is made by all towards replay or NA but our league officials will know who is bording abuse. Putting policy in place could have backlash though......some may take the opportunity to replay just because they didnt' like their score.

My recommendation is to keep this at the league official level and not set policy or rules until they deem necessary. To date, this league seems to have less controversy than SG's events from what I see. League officials should be given the opportunity to police their groups and provide necessary notice to those players you find bording abuse at which time notification be given to the commish and other league officials thereby placing that player in a status of behavioral caution.

If there's question to Neil's score, I vote he keep it. He's proven himself way too many times. Maybe we can get TIGER to take a week off.....his trophy case is getting full. Laughing

SuperScrub

SuperScrub
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  patricp. Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:21 am

I also have no issues with the replayed score. It is nice to know that we have that option, just in case something like that happens. I also agree with the point that policy does not need to be set, as that would give people a reason to cause disconnects, and then take advantage of the policy.
patricp.
patricp.
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  neilkav Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:04 pm

Thanks for comments everyone, I would like to suggest that I take the -6 on this occassion, but that for future it should be up to group officials to allow a replay for those that get disco'd, as long as they have a screenshot of the card when it says lost connection, we all know how to take screenshots now, so shouldn't be too difficult, that way it should avoid people using it to simply replay a round they didnt like.

Up to you eventually wilko, over to you for a final decision and a process going forward.
neilkav
neilkav
Official
Official

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

advice on disconnection Empty disco'd

Post  birdieviper Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:21 pm

i say give neil the -10, he earned it! wide smile wide smile wide smile wide smile

birdieviper
Official
Official

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:12 pm

I've set neilkav's score to -9/900. Since his disconnect was handled a little bit differenly than other disconnects in the past, it probably needs to be handled slightly different. Neilkav was able to send me a screenshot of his first six holes before he was disconnected, and I thought it would be best to just add on the score from the redo round from the last 3 holes to the -6 he already had.

I have been reluctant to set policy on this due to the aforementioned point it would give a reason for people to cause disconnects and take advantage of the policy. I don't feel that anyone has taken advantage of it so far and I know disconnects are a problem with SG for some more than others. I think for right now it will be best to let officials police their own groups and decide what the best course of action will be depending on the situation. There have been at least a couple times where the disconnect was caused by something other than SG and therefore it would have been impossible to get a screenshot of the already played holes (although I do like this idea).

I will consider a number of options and will be open to input and if and what policy should be on disconnects for next season since this season is rapidly coming to a close- only 5 more touraments before playoffs start!

Last edited by andwilk on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-10-08

https://worldleagueofgolf.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

advice on disconnection Empty Disco's

Post  faldo Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:58 pm

I can sympathise.

I have been disco'd on a bloody good round and had to restart. I think it is only fair. If proof is there then what is the issue!
faldo
faldo
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down