World League of Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT

+2
tong_n_rivet
andwilk
6 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT Empty IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT

Post  andwilk Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Hello all,

I just wanted to inform everybody that the 1-hole round at Richmond Pines in this tournament WILL NOT COUNT. I have noticed that several players are receiving a "0" for the driving distance portion of the bonus score. This is a scoring error on the part of SG and will have a big effect on the tournament standings for a 1-hole round. Unfortunately, I have no choice but to not count the score for this round.

This now means that the 3-hole round at Ashdown Park is the first tiebreaker.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-10-08

https://worldleagueofgolf.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT Empty Re: IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT

Post  tong_n_rivet Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:11 pm

how can u tell
if they got 0 bonus overall then fair enough but if they got a bonus score of some sorts then hey its tough shit ... thought u were doing a good job but u cant start movivg the goalposts im afraid...
just my opinion
thats all
tong_n_rivet
tong_n_rivet
Birdie
Birdie

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-10-10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdiG4OC48LY

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT Empty Re: IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT

Post  mechone4 Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:16 pm

i agree with rick....surely everyone will have a bonus score of some sort, if you want to make ashdown the tie breaker then so be it but the one hole at pines should still count in the overall total.
i've heard of plenty guys having power bar issues when playing there wlog tourneys...do you ever hear them asking for that tourney to be cancelled? i would say not ...they bite the bullet & get on with it.....after all it is just a game.
your doing a great job Andrew lets not spoil it by making controversial decisions. just my thoughts!!!

mechone4
Bogey
Bogey

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  tong_n_rivet Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:36 pm

i'd like to see scores and the so called suspect scores highlighted
thats all
tong_n_rivet
tong_n_rivet
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT Empty 1 round hole will not count

Post  birdieviper Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:04 am

hey guys, how else would andy know if someone got a "0" for bonus score? can you actually see what the bonus is for driving, chipping, or putting? i may be wrong, but you see total bonus when the hole is finished, no? i dont ever remember seeing a breakdown of the bonus. my opinion is that he is just trying to be fair to all, not changing the rules. if you finish a hole, and say birdie it, why would you have a "0" for bonus,other than a screw-up on sg's part?

birdieviper
Official
Official

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  mechone4 Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:55 am

hi birdie
there was no one in my group had a '0' bonus. what about yours?

mechone4
Bogey
Bogey

Back to top Go down

Post  tong_n_rivet Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:37 am

lol birdieviper exactly
ive never seen a breakdown of the bonus scores either so how can andy be so sure its the driving part of bonus thats not registered.
tong_n_rivet
tong_n_rivet
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT Empty 1 hole round will not count

Post  birdieviper Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:37 pm

i can honestly say no one that played had a "0" bonus in the 1 hole round in my group., but not all played.

birdieviper
Official
Official

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: 1-hole round 5 WILL NOT COUNT Empty RE: 1 hole round will not count

Post  MrClean07 Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:15 pm

I know what Andy is talking about because I've seen it happen on occasion. You drive the green on a short par 4 and it gives a lower total bonus than someone who drives it in the fairway and gets the same score for the hole. That lower bonus is definitely a result of a penalty in driving distance and/or accuracy. I agree that no one should be penalized for driving the green, but unless you can go back and look at how each person played the hole there is no way to know for sure.
I think the scores should count this time. I'm sure next time he will not use a drivable par 4 for a 1 hole round.

MrClean07
Official
Official

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  birdieviper Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:50 pm

hey tec, that box of hash is really good stuff. i've had it before,although it was a different box that it came in. mine must have been old, cause it was a bit gooey,lol. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

birdieviper
Official
Official

Back to top Go down

Post  LEFTY17 Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:00 pm

painful-i was the only one in my group to eagle it.
you can see the breakdown of the cumulative bonus score on 'multi' by holding the clicker arrow over the current scores.

LEFTY17
Double Bogey
Double Bogey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:37 pm

When I made this decision I knew some people would be upset.

Just let me explain myself further (although it may not help at this point):

There are 4 parts to a bonus score, each worth a certain amount of points: greens in regulation (500), putting average (250), fairway accuracy (150), and driving distance (100). What I was seeing when I scrolled over people's scores for a breakdown of a bonus score was that almost half of the scores I looked at had "0" listed as the score for driving distance which is clearly wrong because as long as you drive the ball somewhere you should get points for driving distance. I felt that this was a scoring error and also felt that it was necessary to discount the round since it would be impossible to tell who was affected by this in the end. I think my first mistake was making a one-hole round on a driveable par 4. I've learned not to do that again. Again, sorry to those people whose scores this decision will adversly affect.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  mechone4 Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:38 am

But Andrew ...are you saying it has only happened on this one tourney......as you have highlighted another error on sg,this could actually happen on any hole you use your driver,there are numerous errors in this game..like dodgy grids giving false reads,these are far more punishing as you lose a stroke not just a bonus and on this hole in particular there is a dodgy grid. you set the game....we all played it.....no one would have complained had you not raised it.
i think you have one of two options here....reinstate pines and use ashdown as your tiebreak or rerun the whole tourney and accept any errors there is in the game.

mechone4
Bogey
Bogey

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:53 am

You raise a valid point and in retrospect, it is becoming clear that I made this decision hastily. However, since I posted this notice mid-tournament, there are some that chose not to play the final round since it would no longer count.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  tong_n_rivet Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:57 pm

all i want to know is did it effect ur score, was you you 1 of the so called unlucky ones
tong_n_rivet
tong_n_rivet
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

Post  andwilk Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:27 pm

yes, I did receive a zero for the driving distance score. But I didn't notice the error until I played in the group for the people on the waitlist when I scrolled over some of the bonus scores and noticed that about half of the people in that group and mine were affected.

Now I know you are going to point your finger and say "oh that's why you cancelled it" but that's not true. I've already admitted that I probably shouldn't have cancelled it and it was a hasty decision.
andwilk
andwilk
The Commish
The Commish

Back to top Go down

Post  tong_n_rivet Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:44 pm

whatever trevor
tong_n_rivet
tong_n_rivet
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

Post  tong_n_rivet Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:58 pm

as you can probably tell i'm a little disapointed
tong_n_rivet
tong_n_rivet
Birdie
Birdie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down